Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Berkeley

I'm here and setting shit up.
The move went very easily as a whole, though Uhaul screwed me on the pick up location. We were still able to get the truck, get back to the homestead and load the 26' truck. Only down side was that I had told everyone not load anything from back left corner of the garage. Well about an hour or two in my middle sister has riffled threw all my elder sister's stuff and mine and loaded them in the truck. Oy vay, what am I going to do with the extra 6- 12 boxes?

Anyway, it was 3ish in the afternoon and made the decision to leave. A quick trip back to Uhaul for the trailer and my element is loaded up and east I go, leaving family and Portland. Hell I was leaving Oregon too, taking the back way down. I headed east so I could skirt Mt Hood and then see eastern Oregon. My plan was hit Bend (which I've visited before) and then travel south. Well some how I missed bend and 10-11ish that night I finally got my bearings that I was near Crater lake. I pulled into 3 different motels as I didn't want to miss Crater lake, but all were full. I ended up traveling farther south and was outside Upper Klamath lake for the night. Much like my trip to Oakland, I some how picked the world's worst motel to stay in. The next morning was bright and beautiful and I was heading south, I made my way through Klamath falls in the morning and hit Weed a lot faster then I expected. The rest of the drive was kind of blur as I've driven it before and really bores me to know end.

The drive into the bay area was without any problems, other then trying to find a place to park the truck/trailer. My hood is pretty tight to begin with and also requires permits for long term parking. I had to park about 2 miles away by some local school. Arriving at my new to me apartment was rather uneventful, except the place was filthy as it the owner never cleaned it. Unloading the next day went fairly easily too, but when I had to take the truck back to the trailer, I found some asshole had parked infront of the trailer. So an hour later and my back aching, I was able to manhandle the full trailer out enough so I could reattach it to the truck. I would note, the entire side of the street was empty except my element and this trailer and asshole had to just park in front if it. After 3 days back I'm reminded of how fucked californians are when it comes to driving (and parking).

Anyway, I just got internet finally set up and I still need to unpack and do loads of cleaning. Ugh. Oh ya, the shower stopped up.

No comments: