Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Debt, Loans and Being a Student

While I've carried debt before, I've actually never taken any student debt on. So now that I'm nearing completion of my MLIS will come out of this owning nothing. At the start of it, I was tempted to take on a bit of debt and rush the degree. Instead, I've worked full time (and for part of that time, more then full time) and either payed out of pocket on tuition, or was lucky to have my employer pick up most of the tab. For the last year, it's been out of pocket but I am still holding on in the green at the moment having just paid off the credit card (with the semester debt on it). I'm feeling home free in a lot of respects, but hearing co-workers and other students complain about their student debt is something.

That having been said, I want a job.

No comments: