Thursday, November 4, 2010

So it's Been a While . . .

I haven't made a post in a while, probably since I really haven't had anything to add to the discussion or that my life hasn't been that interesting. Anyway, here's what's up.

I'm almost done with grad school! I have small paper and presentation to do in Denver, and then I'm done. DONE I tell you!? Now what? Well not a lot, I'm looking at jobs in the library field and not finding much. The close to home jobs are currently a no. No in the respect that either I'm not remotely qualified or I don't want to do it. I came close to applying for a job at Merylhurst, but then I remembered that I'd be working for the woman that I took cataloging with. She was possibly the second worst teacher I've had in the Emporia program. I ended up repeating the class and got an A. No way she'd hire me, and no way I'd work for her. I know, why waste our time applying.

In other news, instead of sitting around on Tuesday night and watching depressing election results, I took a trip to Bend Oregon and caught Billy Bragg play a pretty intimate show. Absolutely wonderful night and trip. Actually I hadn't really planned it this way, when I found out he was going to be in Oregon and playing locally I found out he was going to be playing at the local McMinnimin locals. I don't really enjoy this venue and at $72 plus fee's I was really turned off. Then I saw he was playing in Bend for $23 and no additional fee's. I've never been to Bend and it seemed perfect. It didn't hit me that it was going to be election night. The only down side I thought at the time was that Nevill Staple was suppose to open for Bragg here in Portland. I'd have liked catching Staple too. But after 3 hours of Bragg, his great song writing and cheeky humor, it was nearly perfect. Anyway, my only kick me moment was finding out that he was OK with photography and I left the M6 in the hotel room. I did have the cheap and old point and shoot that snuck in (even though I didn't have too). Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/filmtwit/sets/72157625177144097/

No comments: