Saturday, December 18, 2010

Grade Inflation

So I passed my capstone class. I actually passed it with flying colors and perfect score. In all honesty, I don't deserve it. I think maybe a A- or B+ for the Capstone itself, presentation was solid B and my participation was another solid B. How I pulled off an A+ is beyond me and reading my professors feedback was useless.

Per proff smith concerning my presentation: "Very nice job, Jeff. You had obviously spent a lot of time preparing this, and it showed. I liked your use of notes throughout, which was efficient and unobtrusive. You gave a very interesting picture of your development in the program and what you are now prepared to do. You presented your artifacts well and made good connections between theory and practice. Well done." - in reality I wrote it up two days before the presentation and then rewrote it in class based on the other presentation that were being given. I only shared two of my outcomes, but was fairly complete on them both. I was well under the 10 minutes max time too. I can say that I sat through at least 5-9 presentations that were worse then mine, about 10 that were in the same ball park and another 10 that were much better.

Per proff smith concerning my actualy portfolio: "This really does look good, Jeff. I like all the quirky little pictures that you can miss if you’re not paying attention. The content is solid, and the pictures add a little flip for those on the lookout, but they’re never intrusive. Nice job." No shit, I wrote up 3x the amount that the average person did for this assignment because this dumbass did such a poor job describing what was expected on this stupid ass assignment. I'm perplexed for not being knocked down on this assignment for typos (I always have them being dyslexic).

http://filmphotoarchivist.net/Capstone01.html

Honeslty I'm glad it's over. I'm hitting the gym daily to deal with all the weight gain I've added in the last year. Should take me quite a while to get back into shape again. Ugh.

No comments: