Thursday, January 8, 2015

Photo of the Day: Jan 8th, 2015


Last weekend I blitzed down to LA, for no other reason then "I wanted to get out of the house." Really, that was my reason. Since I used to live in that town I generally try to see friends I haven't seen in a while and visit some place I never got around to visiting. This time around it was trio of historical downtown spots, all across the street from each other. These being Grand Central Market, Bradbury building and Angel's flight. I've visited Angel's flight before, but it was fully non op at the time. This time around it wasn't running either, but at least the two cars were on the track!. Anyway I spent the most amount of time at Grand Central Market getting dinner and shooting mainly folks who work at the various eateries within it. I'm not actually done processing all the shots from that day, but I knew when I took the below photo that this was going to be a keeper. So I'll share it now. It would appear that the Grand Central Market has a liquire store within it, and this local had just purchased his Friday night delight and wanted a cig to start off the the night.

"Booze, security and cig." @ the Grand Central Market in the Homer Laughlin Building, Downtown Los Angeles. Leica M240 + 50mm f1.4 Lux e46

No comments: