Monday, August 31, 2015

I'm done, again. . .

. . . with another job, that is. Today was my last day and was oddity to me I guess. I'm still really figuring out my feeling about it I guess. Anyway, about 2 months go I made a decision that I was going to leave the CCC, I wasn't very happy as whole, I was bored too, which tends to be the kiss of death for me at any job I've had. At the same time the CCC had spent the last 3 years expanding and expanding, but not really increasing it's profits as it thought it would, so 5 weeks ago I and few others were given notice. They laid off about 5 people and I'd be done by end of August. Anyway, when they told me it was a relief. I had been expecting this for the previous 6 months and now I could let potential employers contact them. I could also start to use some of the videos that I had cut for CCC too.

So last week a bunch of us had a BBQ and then went whiskey drinking as my last hurrah of sorts. This weekend was fairly boring too, so heading into work I knew had a 3-4 things to wrap up. Mainly I had to post a few videos, find a few videos and teach someone the basics of how to CatDV. All done by 11. So grabbed my good, and wrote up the following goodbye to my coworkers:

Screen shot 2015-09-01 at 11.19.04 AM

Ya, I just rick-rolled everyone I work with in the above. Actually I'm guessing only 5-20 folks actually read all of the above and clicked on all the links.

As I left, I was feeling mildly emotional and also trying to prep myself for an interview at UCB (later in the day). I came home and took a long shower then took my time readying myself for my interview. For the most part it went fine, but I feel pretty over qualified for it and I suspect they do too. AS such I don't know if I'll land it, and I don't know if I want to land it now either.

Ugh, now I guess I'm feeling depressed about it all too. I'll figure it out and get on with life too.

No comments: