Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gym Socks

So since being laid off I've tried to get back into a very regular exercise routine and mostly failiing at it. I'll go 5 days a week for 2-4 weeks and then either hurt myself or take a break that lasts 1-3 months. My last attempt is now nearly 2 months long and so far I haven't hurt myself (which honestly has been the most common problem).

Right now I'm doing 40 minutes on the tread mill (3 miles I think?).
Then 20 minutes on tread mill (300 stairs I think?).
Followed by 30 minutes in the pool (16 lengths or 8 laps) - freestyle.

One of the problems with my old routine was that I'd get to certain point concerning the tread mill and either I'd need to start running as I can only walk it so quickly. I've opted to get to the long quick walk, but then kill it (I started off at an hour on the tread mill for instance) and build up on the stair climber and swimming. So far, so good.

No comments: