Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lambretta

So I've been building a Lambretta Tv175 Series III motor scooter. Over the last week I hooked up all the cables and wiring and this weekend I wanted to start it up and see how well it was working. I remember to put gear oil in the engine since I accidentally spilled it out when I was building it. It actually kicked over on the 3rd try and promply died a moment later. The carb leaked a lot of fuel and it didn't seem to be getting all the oxygen it needed. 2 hours later I had rebuilt the carb twice and re-runned throttle cable. At best I could keep it going for a minute or two and then it would die. Ugh.

You can find lots of photos of the build so far as well as a couple of videos of me trying to start the damn thing at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/filmtwit/sets/72157623338894738/

No comments: