Friday, August 20, 2010

Anxiety

My anxiety levels seem to have risen in the last couple of days as well as dips in my current depression levels. Both are magnified by my current employment and unemployment levels. I've had three rejection letters this week. Two of these I could care less about, mostly since I was way over qualified for the jobs in question and I knew I wasn't going to get an interview. The third I thought I was perfect for and was hoping for an interview. Ugh. Add to it all that I started an internship that I'm not really going to gain anything from other then update to my resume. Listing to my current co-workers isn't of much help either I hate to say. Talk was about landing library/archive work in the Portland area. The head of the small library I'm at indicated how he landed his current gig based on contact (ex-proff) from his undergrad days. My immediate coworker had been telling me how much she didn't know earlier in the day about archive and cataloging work to boot and then finished up the current conversation about having to better then everyone else to get work in town. Ugh.

Last night I met up with a bunch of folks I started the library program with, most had finished up the program last year and were only now (a year later) starting to find some work in and around the PNW. Ugh. Depressions levels drop.

I also started my last semester in the program this week. I suspect this is where most of my anxiety levels are coming from right now. For one of my classes I need to document what I feel I've learned from the program and I'm drawing lots of blanks I hate to say. Anxiety up. I'm also applying for jobs and had two come up in the last two weeks that I'm perfect for (note - these are not a part of the ones mentioned in paragraph 1). I've been writing and rewriting my resume all week and can't seem to really come up with a good combination resume and coverletter for either position. Anxiety and depression levels spike. Anyway, I'm back to resume for this evening and hope to have it down before hitting the sheet.

Night.

No comments: