Thursday, August 5, 2010

Parts

So as I think most of you know I've been building a lambretta for the last couple of months. Most of the parts for it I already owned or tried my best to buy locally. In a couple of cases I've had to order from one of a handful of shops here in the US. Oddly at the top of my list has been Scooters Originali out of New Jersey. If you had asked me a couple of years ago about their mail order business I would not have ranked them that high. At this point, very top notch. My second choice has been Casa Lambretta, very good mail order services but at times pricey even with the %5 discount (via Lambretta Club USA). At the bottom of my list these days is West Coast Lambretta Works. They used to be second choice, right behind Casa, but now they are rock bottom. Three weeks ago I made an order online and got an email indicated they got my order. Then, nothing. A week goes by and I email em. Nothing, I check the website and it indicates I made the order 4 days after I actually made it. So last week I email again with all the relevant info and again nothing. Not wanting to make a stink I called today and asked about my order and it was crickets. They had to look it up and I got some sob story about being down one person. Giermo (SP?) said he'd call me back in an hour with an update on my order. Guess what it's been 6 hours. Time to call and cancel my order.

No comments: