Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Days

Saturday night we had our company xmass party. I went prepared with not one, but two flaskes of whiskey (Irish and single malt scotch). The venue confiscated the scotch, but I had more then enough to share with everyone. I actually enjoyed going this year, last year wasn't really that enjoyable, mostly since I brought a date I think. This year I brought a former co-worker and introduced him as me "Heterosexual Life Mate" which got quite a a lot of laughs. I promised my friend not to make him the but of all jokes all evening in his presence, so he only had to hear once more. Leaving the venue, it was pretty fucking cold and some one joked about me now wearing shorts. Well I had worn shorts all day, but wasn't about to wear them that night and for good reason, it was fucking cold. So fucking cold it snowed an hour later.

The snow blanketed Portland with about 2-3 inches by morning. When it snows in Portland, everything shuts down. We only have a handful of snow clearing trucks, and they tend to go to the interstate first. Anyway, instead of meeting up with the family for lunch and doing laundry I spent the better part of the day working on a 8 page paper. How I hadn't already finished this stupid ass paper I don't know. But I did go outside a couple of times and snapped a picture of two:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/filmtwit/

I gotta add, most portland drivers know to stay off the road after it snows, but for those that do, most I hate to say are retards. I saw no more then 10 cars sliding around and stuck. Dumbasses.

Monday was great since I was able to sleep in for once. Work had pushed back working hours till 10:30. I came in early since I had some work I wanted to get done before anyone else got on me about it. I wasn't surprised to find that West side of Burnside was clear of ice and snow, while the ease end hadn't been touched. Turning off to 23rd I was stuck behind some woman in a Landrover Disco driving literally 5 miles per hour and straddling the bike lane. Fucking retard. First for buying the Disco and second for straddling the bike lane.

Anyway, the paper is done and so it school for a couple of weeks at least.

No comments: