Monday, March 16, 2009

Get Used To it!

Walking in the rain that is. I used to do this as often as possible back in LA, but it so rarely rains, that it tends to kind of fun and special when you can do it.
Of course here in Portland, it rains quite often, so you kind of get used to do it. I'm reminded of this due to having been rained on due to lunch. No biggy, my balding scalp/thinning hairline can take it, and my wet shoulders can too. My feet are still dry but a little cold. My shoulders are more creaky then they used to be though and neck is stiff too from sitting in front of a computer for too long. Oh what a life I have these days! So I'm getting more and more used to the rain as the years go by and the older I get. I am actually fine with my age, my balding head, graying temples and what not. I'm finally at place that I can start looking into the future per say. For a the last 6 years or so, all I could think about was today and yesterday. Work had a lot to do with it I think. I'm not as mad at the world these days either. Though I find myself getting dumber, the older I get!

For instance, I thought I had class this weekend, only to find out well, it was another 2 weeks from now and that paper/project I was working on, isn't due for another 3 weeks. Another dyslexic moment for today was adding the keyword "Duck" but entering in the word "fuck". It's fixed now at least. But see what I mean about getting dumber as I grow older?

Anyway, the walk back to work in the rain was nice. Good time to think about little things I think. Nothing big, I usually leave that for when I go to bed, so I sleep as badly as possible these days. School has had me nervous as usual, but it looks like I am well ahead these days, instead of "just on time". Wheeew! Any other real thoughts seem to go back to the normal old guy things at least. Though not as dirty as you might imagine. Mostly domestic stuff, or lack there of these days. Though I actually have some time for that these days. Oh well

OK, that should be enough of rambling.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That reminds me of the last time I was in Portland. I was on my way out to my friend's farm to go shoot old rifles, and it was just pissing rain all morning and on the drive out. I was pretty bundled up (in a borrowed parka, yeah, I don't even own anything waterproof) but when we got out there I said to my friend "gosh, it's raining kinda hard. Are you sure we should go shooting in this weather?"

He looks at me, shakes his head, and says "Jen, if we thought that way around here, we'd never do ANYTHING".

JT Allen said...

While their is more rain then needed up here, we rarely get that southern California pissing bucket-like rain so that you get your record rain fall, but in 24 hours time. And even if you own a jacket, this rain is going to soak threw in about 5 minutes rain.

It's rained to day, but not nearly that hard and the sun has poked out from time to time too.