Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catching Up

Up till today: so I haven’t been keeping up on this. Sorry. The only thing really going on has been school. I currently have two classes and one met last week. It’s currently boring me I hate to say and I’m only just keeping up with it. The second class has been online, less credits and nearly twice the work. I’ve been keeping up with it. Job wise, I had a pre-interview with a place just outside of NYC. They current don’t have a an open position, but they are looking for an archivist as a whole. I’ll know more in January when the position should come up.

This week: well actually nearly three weeks ago my mom had very minor surgery on her foot for a bone spur. As of yesterday it hadn’t healed. It hadn’t healed because the bone in the big toe is dead and keep re-infecting everything. So I took her to the local hospital for second surgery last night (Monday). She wasn’t in the best of spirits of course and as she told me I almost giggled. Not because it was funny or I was making fun of her, mostly to deal with the situation. She’s a bit of a pessimist and tend to want to laugh at real pessimism I hate to say. I’m a gloomy guy, but honestly pessimism never got anywhere, right? When it comes to health, it’s OK to worry about the worst, but don’t dig that hole so deep you can’t get out. I tried being encouraging, but it’s my mom here and she knows when I try to bull shit her. She’s going to lose her big toe at this point and hopefully she won’t also lose her foot. She’ll be there till Friday. Ill know more then, mostly because I’m not in town right now. OK, vacattion time (more to post later)

No comments: