Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pure Exhstion

Headed south this last weekend for the what is probably my last scooter rally of the year. Have to say, started it out on pure energy drinks and ended on the same. Mostly since me and sleep have been missing each other the entire time. Night before leaving, was in bed at 2am and had to be up at 7am. Not a great night. The ten hour of driving generally zaps the life out of one self, but everytime I drive between Grants Pass and Redding, 2-3 of lives go out the door. Thanks god for soda and energy drinks. Now one we were there, it was back to scotch and bourbon, add in a host who drinks more then that, and it's scooter wranglin time come the end of happy hour. Now mix in two dogs and night of nose cloggin sneezing and house of snores, and you can tell that 5 hours of sleep the night before was the best night's sleep I had.

I have got to say though, thank god for caffeine in very strong bounce against the walls amounts. Otherwise I would have never have made it. But after 5 days, I have the runs from all the sugar and had to spend last night completely clogged up to deal with the miss-use of nazelspray. Lovely, but I some how slept well in my own bed.

Thanks folks.

No comments: