Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fluster

I hate heavy sales tactics. In the past I've called this type of bull shit to managers and told them specifically why I wasn't making a purchase after dealing with a sales staff who used this type of tactics. So over the weekend I went and did some xmass shopping. The stored were fine, but it was the little stands out in the open that were maze of sales shit. Let's be honest here, retail work sucks, but mall retail has to be the worst. Anyway, every time I passed one of these in door cars one of the sale shits wanted to ask me a question. Shake my head and keep walking. But after coming out of one store I was literally corned by two little girls about what else, my nails. OK when was the last time two 19 year old girls even came close to me. One of them had the worst fake French accent too. They asked if I was doing Xmass shopping, to which I answered "no". So lots of fake flirting later from the two and they are now at their sales pitch about buying their wears as a xmass gift, to which I replied "Umm, I'm Jewish". This line works every time. Years ago I used to use it at Cal State LA when the very Christian Korean girls wouldn't leave me alone. And again, it worked it's charm, but girls jaws dropped at this point, especially when noted I wasn't here for Xmass shopping. The fake french one tried to pick it up with oh, you should buy this as Hanukkah, I walked away, giggling to myself. god I'm an ass some times.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm just trying to picture you giggling.

JT Allen said...

When I hold it in, it's more of a big shit eating grin. Like when I respond to one of 'Nilla's posts.