Saturday, November 15, 2008

Same, but different

OK, this is a bit rambly and disconnected.

I tend to think that the vast majority of folks are far more the same then we realize. I think we all have far more common then we really want to know either. But we hang onto our differences to create the illusion that we're so different. I also tend to believe what we hate in others is in fact what we hate in ourselves. Do most people recognize this? No idea. Do I always believe it? I'm not sure, But think that when I have time to really think about what I'm feeling about some one else, I tend find myself going back to the above statements. But I don't find myself thinking about it enough to say otherwise I guess.

Today started off kind of nice, I could wear shorts and such, but it's turning kind of gloomy with the cloud cover building up. We're slowly building back to "Oregon" weather. We actually had a very nice summer where I could wear shorts most everyday. But now, It's closer time to wear pants, especially if I have to spend anytime outside. It means it's almost means it is sweater time too. I like sweater time, we had so little of it in LA, that it always felt special. Much like when t actually rained in LA. I am wearing shorts today though, and will try till it get's simply too damn cold. This should be the last weekend I have totally to myself for the next couple of weeks. I'll choose a topic for my last paper of the semester today or tomorrow as well. Otherwise the weekends won't really be mine to do as I want or what not. Plus I turn 40 in a couple of weeks. Last night I was thinking about it and it looks like I'm alf way into my life. Does this mean that my life is nearly half full, or half empty?

My depressions these days have been pretty mild so far, I can guess it's because of the light or the fact that I don't feel completley disconected from people, but I still have to make myself go beyond the normal to connect or deal with them. last month I spent a bit of time making a number of prints of some of photography. I did it in part to sprouce up my apartment and to reconnect me to things I enjoy in my life. Be these photography, people, object, things and what not. I have a few more to hang and a few more to print, but those to print are for familyat this point as it seems that my sisters have lost all their childhood photos and I've been creating an archive of them from my family collection. I've some to flickr and facebook. I do have to say, I was really cute kid, my sisters were less so though. Especially once puberty hit. My eldest sister's hair was quite terrible and she looked like a boy from a bad 70's hair band. My middle sister I think tended to look like she had her shit together. I knew I went from cute to aquard once I started wearing glasses. I can't see without them, though I think I tried going glassless for most of my sophmore year of high school. Did try the 50's ear dork glasses before anyone else did. But went back to round ones soon afterwards.

But I'll never get rid of my glasses.



BTW- I love Urban dictionary at times. Look up "Ginger Minge" when you get a chance. It made me laugh a wee bit.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I want to add, "synonym: fire-crotch."