Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday Morning

So the holiday weekend is upon us and I don't know what to make of it already.
I know I've over eaten everyday except today (but who doesn't this weekend).

Thanksgiving itself was odd. My mom had an eye operation a couple of weeks ago and didn't feel up to making the family meal this year. My sisters were luke warm about throwing the festivities at thier digs thus year too. So for Thursday I made a lunch time italian feast for the family of Angelhair carbonara. I didn't use prescuto though so I think it was bland to my tastes, but the rest of the family did gobble it up. For dinner I went by Anthon's place, which I've done for years. The odd thing though as it seemed to be couples night. I think Matt was the only other single other then me. Oddly I din't feel my out of place like I do when I'm the only single amung too many couples. Part of it is that I don't spend a lot of time amung these folks like I did when I first moved to Portland. I did miss a couple of faces I wouldn't have minded seeing though.

This morning I went for a hike to downtown portland. Mostly because I needed the exersize, but also because I needed to get out my apartment for a couple of reasons. One, I spent too much time here yesturday and second, the electical blew out half of the apartment. I am currently typing on batteries. I got a little bit of a sprinkle on the walk, but no rain. I would have liked the rain as I brought along light rain jacket. I hit the open market found under Burnside too. Lot's of hippy gear and crafts from what I can tell. A mostly thoughly middle class clientelle too. I was tempted to get another scarf or two, but just didn't find anything that had to bought. The fun side was running into a very big Newfie. he good and friendly, but not in a I'll jump on you type way. I simply put my hand out and licked it. That's a good dog in my book. The owner said he was rescue and was still underwieght. Poor guy looked liked he hadn't been fed too well. His hair was stillpretty matted too. Not too much drool either.

After the market I hit two camera stores. I've gotten some early birthday money I really want to upgrade my 70-200 4l to a 70-200 2.8l. Both places were over priced, which really sucks because I'd much rather buy locally then on the internet. Especially when it comes to high end electroncs and stuff. I don't want to have to call and mail stuff if their any problems with it. But both palces wanted more then a $100 more then any online retail place I've seen. After leaving the second place I ran into a Swiss Mountain Dog, who was also very lovely and well behaved (Swissie's tend to have a long adolecence from what I've read). Good and friendly bit not overly friendly. Honestly I was surprised to even ever run into one. The bread was only exported out of Europe in the 70's and I've never seen any on the rescue board for Oregon before. Wow ran into two dogs that I've been pining to get in the course of 2 hours! So, I'm now back to Newfie or Swissie. Eitherway, I can't really have either, at least for a while.

OK, powers still dead in half the apartment and I can't tell what apartment is mine from the circut breakers downstairs either. Plus the building owner is out. Fuck.

No comments: