Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bodgery

So I have all the bodywork for the Lambretta and started to put the rest of the scooter together. I've run into a couple of problems, mainly my own bodgery work.

Bodgery #1: The headset ring needed to be rechromes, but since I had so many problems with local chromers, I opted not to have it re-chromes. Anyway it looks like shit and I found out last week that Casa Lambretta makes new ones (that are chromed). So bought one and proceeded to take my headset, all the cables and part of the wiring loom apart. THis major work since all of the wiring and cables passes threw the ring and not around it. Ugh, day later and the ring is in but I still haven't hook everything up. Best of all, the cables haven't come back together that well.

Bodgery #2: Left side "L-bracket" the previous owner of the frame cut this off, I forgot to get a new one and have it welded back on. Worst of all, the frame was repainted and I had to attach the LBracket and guess what, it doesn't remotely fit right. So I spent today grinding and hammering the shit out of it to make it fit. It fits, but not that fantasticlly and the right rear floor board is touching the frame in the wrong place too. Ugh.

Mistake #1: I oreded the wrong rubber parts this week too, Ptown had the right ones, mistake avoided.

Mistake #2: I have some wrong hardware, should rectify this in the morning, I hope.

Here's the damn scooter so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/filmtwit/sets/72157623338894738/

No comments: