Thursday, July 8, 2010

Irritable

I can't tell you how irritable I've been feeling most of this week.
Part of it comes from being bored. Part of it comes from slogging threw a class that bores me. Part of it comes from the heat. But for today, most of it comes from the fact that I can't finish this stupid Lambretta Project I've been posting about for months now.

Last September I was laid off. On that same day I went to a scooter Rally (these two events are not actually tied together) and ran into my painter. I had dropped off a Lambretta with him about 2 years prior, but since I was working full time and working I hadn't cared that he hadn't started the project since I simply didn't have the time to really deal with it. Added to that is that it took me nearly a year of that two years to deliver all the parts to him. OK, so I ran into him and asked him if he couldn't now put some time into it as I was unemployed and wanted to get started on the project. He told me he should be able to get to it by Thanksgiving. OK, so over 2 months passes and well, he hasn't gotten to it for good and bad reasons. I'm given till Xmass, and guess what, he still hasn't gotten to it (this time for good reason, such as it's nearly freezing every day and snowing and well, it's Xmass - all good reasons in my book). Anyway, the new years comes and goes and the new scooter season is about to begin and he still hasn't touched any of it.

So in February I tell him I can't wait any longer and I'd like to come pick up everything. End of February I go by his place and am ready to pick up everything and he tells me his schedule has opened up and he can start on my scooter. OK, but I want a real schedule at this point. 2 weeks and the frame and head set need to be done, and another 2 weeks for the rest of the white work followed by all of the "red" work. OK, he's OK with that schedule.

He's little over a week late with the first work. I'm OK with this. I start to build and three months later I've built up the scooter as much as I can. I need the rest of the body work and in that time he hasn't finished up the "white" body work and keeps telling me that the front fender is giving him trouble. I've told him I have two other fenders to choose from, but he keeps telling he'll stick with this one. That was 2 weeks ago (note since delivering the frame and headset to me in March, it's been 4 months) and now he isn't replying to emails. I'm sick of the bull shit, I want my scooter back at this point since it's obvious he's not going to finish the work in any timely manner. Fuck this shit.

No comments: